shabby blogs design

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"He will cover you with His feathers.."

Before I say anything else, I have to say that I found this idea from a super talented woman's blog- here's the link to what started a new obsession : http://www.harbourbreezehome.com/2011/11/tongue-and-groove-signs/. She has now started her own Etsy shop. If you check out this link, I'm sure you'll find your way over there. I think my tongue and groove board might be thicker than hers, but I just found some thinner board like this at Home Depot that I want to get and cut down. I'm super excited about making more. Anyhow, I loved the look of her decor that she made- the bird, the colors, and the Scripture. I didn't end up adding the Scripture reference on this sign, but I'm working on another that isn't tongue and groove board that I will include it on. I have this in my entryway with my spring decor and it was just what that whole spot needed. I used the technique that has been super fun for me to use lately : painting a base coat, applying vinyl die cuts, then painting over and peeling the vinyl off before the paint dries completely. It's so fun to do that, it makes me feel like a kid with that little bit of excitement... otherwise known as "CRAFT NERD ALERT!!!!". It's always better if you're enjoying yourself, right? Check out the link and see what else this fabulous lady is coming up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment