shabby blogs design

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chocolate Understands wall hanging

Soooo, I've been on Pinterest a lot, and I came across this saying. It immediately amused me, and I thought, "I gotta make that!" So, I did! This sign is about 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches. I painted a base color of a vintage white/cream color. After it dried, I stuck on my vinyl that I cut out with my Cricut. For this size sign, I used the 1 1/4 inch size for the "chocolate" and 1 inch for the rest of the words. I used the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. I then painted over it with a nice chocolate color (how appropriate!) Before it dried completely, I used a little pick tool to grab at the vinyl and pull it off. It only needed a few touch ups. After it dried completely, I distressed it a bit and added a sealer coat and a hanger. A friend of mine claimed dibs on the first one I made, and I'll be making another for our MOPS auction. Again, I have to plug MOPS : If you'd like more information about it (Mothers of Pre Schoolers), here's a link : www.mops.org
Ahhh... yes... Chocolate does understand, doesn't it... ? :)



1 comment:

  1. I am going to get this as a tattoo! Thanks so much for sharing - this made my day!
    (visiting from Glue Sticks)
    Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker
    http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete