shabby blogs design

Monday, March 23, 2009

How I made the Bible verse Tag books

I'm just going to quickly answer a question as to how I made these. Once upon a time I did a how-to on them in Scrapping With Friends on Cafemom, but since they changed everything around I can't find anything anymore it seems.... But the basic idea is simple enough: Find a tag template big enough for the size you want to use- you can make your own tags by cutting a rectangle and snipping off the corners at an angle of one of the ends, or use a die cut machine. I actually have a plastic template with various sizes and shapes of tags that I just traced out onto the thick cardstock weight printed paper. I then inked around the edges with my Colorbox chalk ink- one of the brown shades- Chestnut Roan and Dark Brown are my favorites... I typed out the verses on the computer in the font, size, and color that I wanted, cut them out, used a corner rounder punch on 2 of the 4 corners, and then inked those in the same color as the tag. All that was left was to glue those on the tags and decorate. I used my Cropadile to punch 3 holes in the left hand side and use coordinating ribbon. I used my flourish stamps that I like a lot and Stickles on the stamped flourishes- I really liked the way that looked- I also used Stickles on some of the buttons and flowers too... I got the original idea from www.scrapbook-crazy.com . This style of mini album really lends itself well to the Bible verses- even just using favorite quotes or things that your kids say or sweet things to someone would be great for this size. Thanks for all the kind words ladies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment