Monday, June 29, 2009
Well, I wasn't happy with the layout the way it was, so I trimmed the edges of the title pieces and inked them again (it looked neater than the distressed edges inked) and I added ribbon instead of the embroidery floss on the corners and the title pieces. It added more than the plain white floss in my opinion.. anyhow here is the new improved (anal retentive) version:
Here's an actual layout that I finished tonight, not quite what I wanted it to look like- but then most things I work on never are... oh well... My daughter woke up from a nap with bedhead, which required a picture being taken of course! This was when she was a baby- she's 3 now...
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
I finally finished the last 3 pages of the baby album- who would think just plunking some buttons, flowers, ribbons on some pages would take so long.... but then this is me we're talking about ...... I also finished my best buddy's notebook for an altered notebook swap (technically this is after the pm date, but since we're buddies and I'm sending her a package at the end of the month, I've gotten a grace period on this... I used an edge distresser on the bottom print of paper so it has that distressed look in the middle of the notebook covers. I normally put some ribbon across the middle of the covers, but I thought this might add a nice look, and I was pleased with the result. The other notebook (the red and green one) is a thank you gift for my neighbor who helped me out recently, and I thought it would be nice to do something for her. I think I actually , GASP! , have time left in the month to scrap some layouts... must .... control.... self.... from playing with more mini albums..... I can't seem to resist those and there are some I want to try...., but it's been forever since I scrapped a page for myself... Anyhow, this is just my latest "finally done with them" projects.
Monday, June 15, 2009
This is the baby album that I've been working on for months for my cousin's daughter Ariella. I used sketches from Pagemaps and a paper stack from Die Cuts with a View- the Nursery pack to make it easier to not have as much brainwork on my part for coordinating papers and such. I slipped in tags behind the mats for the pictures so she could journal about the pictures. I made the mats 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches so she could fit in a 4 x 6 picture without cropping to make it easier for her.