shabby blogs design

Monday, April 27, 2009

CD Mini Album







This is the CD mini album I tried for a swap in a Cafemom scrapbooking group, I'd been tempted, but not quite sure what I thought of the idea. Then I saw Retta's, and hers were super cute, and I could see beyond my limited notion of what it would look like using CD's for an album. So here's what I did for my swap partner- she wanted lots of pink and butterflies, I did my best to fulfill her request. My best buddy Katherine used one of her Cricut cartridges to cut out the butterflies for me, and all I did was glue them on and Stickle them. The embellishments are pretty minimal because there's not a lot of room to work with and I wanted there to still be room for the pictures. The mat for the pictures is 3 1/4 inches square, so, not a great amount of room for a picture. ... and being honest, I tend to be minimalistic anyway with my embellishments, more out of " I can't figure out what to put there" than a less is more mentality. So here's the finished product, with a few pictures from the inside. I made little tags to slide in the top of the mats ( I only glued 3 edges to allow for this), so she could journal, or even add a smaller picture if she wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment