shabby blogs design

Monday, May 11, 2009

Chipboard Car Mini Album (Baby boy themed)
















I finally finished up this album that my best friend gave me- when I started it was just a plain chipboard album waiting to be decorated. I chose to decorate it in a baby boy theme for a gift. I've been at the point of being "almost" done for a while now. I still don't think it's as good as it COULD be, but I'm as done as I'm going to be. I'll show some of my favorite pages out of it. I used chipboard letters from one of the chipboard cubes you can find around in various stores. I'd gotten it on clearance and it was pastel colors and sayings that I wouldn't normally use, but I decided that I could use it by painting/covering up the original surfaces. It took me a while, but I'm definitely happier with the result. I used embroidery floss to make little ties around it and inside the buttons to add more dimension to them. I also used my handy dandy edge distresser to roughen up the mats a little bit, since it's for a boy. I also sanded and inked around the edges of the car shape. I made little journaling tags to slip in behind the pictures with a strip of paper that matched the page it was on. I'm glad to be done with it, it was definitely an awkward shape to decorate to where it would look balanced. Some how a picture ended up on there twice, and since I've already accidentally canceled what I was working on once already, I'm going to leave well enough alone and leave it on there rather than risk messing up and having to start all over again...

No comments:

Post a Comment