shabby blogs design

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Altered Tin
















This is a great way to re-use something that might be thrown away otherwise (not in my house though... if it's feasible). I used a tin that originally held a holiday cookie mix, and I'm glad I held on to it. It's pretty sad when I'm looking at a tin in the store that holds goodies and I'm thinking "that's a nice looking tin- I could do a lot with that!", and I haven't even bought it yet. I used Terrifically Tacky Tape by Provocraft- it's just beyond awesome for holding power to adhere my paper to the tin. I cut flowers out of the paper and inked, then stitched them, and used buttons in the centers. For the die cut, I used a Sizzix Top Notch die with my Cuttlebug machine, and then used the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug product) over it. I love that polka dotted look so much (or as my 3 year old daughter calls them "pokey doks".... I used an acrylic monogram stamp for the initial on the top. I plan on filling the tin with some hand made cards (definitely SIMPLE hand made cards, since I'm not a card maker) for the recipient. Maybe you'll be inspired to find a tin and reuse it, or buy one at the craft store and fill it with some goodies of your own, perhaps handmade :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Well that was an interesting read, enjoyed seeing your scrapping - you are very talented at this, and this tin is great. I'm very fond of collecting tins, but have never decorating one - this may be something that appears in the Cupboard very soon, and of course I will remember where the idea came from, so thanks for the idea. Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to comment. Chuffed to hear from you. ikki

    ReplyDelete