shabby blogs design

Monday, November 9, 2009

"Brotherly Love" Layout











This a layout I made as a gift for one of my friends- I've been working on a mini album for her with pictures of her and her boys in it, and had extra pictures left over. I'm still working on the album, but I thought it would be fun to incorporate these "brother" pictures into a layout with the same papers. I hand stitched around the pictures (before I matted them), and then stitched around the papers of the layout. I really like the effect of the stitching- it's my newest "ooh I like this" technique. I painted brown on the chipboard and used crackling medium on it, then painted the top color of paint over it when the crackling medium was tacky. I added Aleene's Paper Glaze over the top of the chipboard when dry to add that glossy look, then used stick on pearls for a finishing touch. I can't believe I've gotten more than one layout done in less than 2 weeks, I'm usually pretty few and far between.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! The colors, the placement of everything, the photos, the details...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Alayna, that means a lot to me coming from you! :) I really enjoyed working on this layout- it's a tag along with the mini album- I had those extra black and white pictures, and I'm on this stitching craze... I love how it looks on the pictures and layout... :) Anyhow, thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete