shabby blogs design

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Magnetic Memo Boards ( MOPS version)




These are variations on the metal magnetic memo boards I've done before. This time we couldn't find the 12 x 12 metal sheets at Craft Warehouse (of course they have them there now when we don't need them anymore.. :) ) Anyhow, we improvised and found 8 x 12 inch galvanized metal roofing shingles from the roofing section in Lowe's- 63 cents each, Home Depot was thirty cents more, but still less than a dollar. For these I taped them together and then glued some foam core board on the back with spray adhesive for stability- this gave us a 12 x 16 inch memo board. I used my Cropadile to make holes for the handle. It took a full 12 inch sheet of paper plus a section of another (4 inches) to cover the board. I actually like how these look with coordinating paper. I used spray adhesive to adhere the paper to the metal board too. We used glue guns to glue the ribbon, but I originally used Terrifically Tacky Tape by Provocraft ( a red line tape), double sided and super tacky. We then made magnets with the glass pebbles that you can find in the floral section in the craft store ( I got ours at the Dollar Store- big savings there! ), you can also find bigger ones which give you more versatility. I used Aleene's Paper Glaze to glue paper to the glass pebble, then used hot glue to glue a magnet on the back. I also sacrificed our Scrabble game for the tiles and hot glued magnets to the back of those. The mini bulldog clip adds an extra way to hold something on the board too. I plan on using the single 8 x 12 metal sheets to make mini magnetic boards for pictures of quick notes for Christmas gifts this year, and make some cute magnets for them. Very easy and cute gift to make- especially the mini version of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment