shabby blogs design

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Card Day for MOPS service project







This last Saturday, ladies from our MOPS group got together to make cards to go in kits for families of deployed military. These kits have cards for various occasions during the year- birthday, Mothers/Fathers Day, 4th of July, Holiday, First Day of School, and blank (just for fun), along with postcards for the recipient to send back to their child/family, and stamps. Our group's card efforts will be going to Fort Lewis. Despite not being much of a card-maker, I made some efforts to create some cards too. Here are some of the results- I ended up making a set of the green cards for our MOPS auction- from a suggestion of one of our fellow MOPS members and card maker that day. I used a couple of card sketches to jumpstart me- I still struggled, but I'm satisfied enough with the results. My category was "just for fun".

2 comments:

  1. Well, my cards always look 'unfinished'. I think you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you so much for the kind words, I appreciate it! (Especially in the mostly unventured into world of card-making)

    ReplyDelete