shabby blogs design

Monday, March 15, 2010

MOPS auction items
















Well, after much preparation, we finally had our MOPS auction tonight- it is our only fundraiser, which we rely on to offset the costs of running our MOPS group. God blessed us again this year with a great result- it's exciting because it opens up more possibilities for how we can serve not only our MOPS ladies, but those in our community too. I made a set of cards, the 'live, love,laugh" votive holders, a bunch of the magnetic memo boards (the leaders had set the minimum bid for $5- which I thought was too much to start with but I didn't quibble about it,) and to my surprise, they not only sold but were bid on higher than that... go figure! They were very basic... I also made a bunch of gift tags with my scraps that I hate to part with, a couple of altered notebooks, a "mother" themed mini album, and a crackled paint picture frame. I was also surprised at how much people bid on the gift tags.. again, go figure. I also made an 8 1/2 x 11 inch layout to be framed, but I ended up in my rushing to leave for the auction leaving IT on my kitchen counter... ugh! Anyhow, it's always gratifying when something you make sells. It would just be nice if I could actually make a profit from crafts in general. I think I just have to stick with making them for gifts, it's more fun that way... :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow you were busy! I'm glad you were pleased with how the auction went. And btw, I've never been able to figure out how it would be possible to makes crafting profitable - so I'm just sticking to doing it for fun!

    ReplyDelete