shabby blogs design

Monday, June 6, 2011

Wood Block Photo Holders













This is essentially the same thing as I did before with the project from http://www.howdoesshe.com/ , only I made the bottom piece of wood (from a 2x4) twelve inches instead of eight, and added 2 more blocks. I made this for my husband's mom, and it uses both sides so she can have all the grandkids and great grandkids on there. I really, REALLY love how my little clothespins turned out. You can get a package of 12 I believe, from Walmart for under 2 dollars. I painted them like I painted the blocks- with a bottom layer of red, and top layer of aqua, sanding around the edges to show the red just a bit through the distressing... Totally fun grandparent gift- or for any other person who you want to bless with a photo holder. Use whatever colors you like, paint or don't paint, use paper or not.. your choice. I suppose at some point I need to move on past the aqua/red combination... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment