shabby blogs design

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Photo Display /Hanger with ribbon and clothespins

For the record, it is REALLY hard to get a good picture of something that it tall/long, just saying... hence the multiple close up pictures. I used a piece of scrap beadboard, that was part of a scrap of beadboard that will hopefully end up as a different project- if I ever figure out how I want to do it. That is a different story all together. Back to the picture hanger. I painted it brown first, let it dry, then painted it an aqua color, let it dry, and then distressed lightly around the edges.
I used hot glue to glue ribbon ( on the back) at the top and bottom, and then used some scraps of cute paper that I still had to cover some mini clothespins. I found a package of 12 for under two dollars in the office supply section of Walmart. I used Mod Podge to glue the paper, then sanded around the edges. I used my Cropadile to punch holes in the top corners of the "wood"- I think it's actually made from the light MDF stuff, so it worked- otherwise I would have drilled. I used more ribbon to make a hanger for the board, then all that was left was to add my pictures.


This was part of my attempt to start doing things with all those "project worthy" scraps and miscellaneous items in my crafty stash.. I'm pretty happy with it, especially since 2 days ago I still didn't know what I wanted to do with this... :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello - long time no post (of a comment from me that is)... I can't believe how long ago it is since I came to visit you here - I feel so ashamed and a very bad blogger to admit that I haven't been very good at visiting. I think its because I take sooo long to make a project then get it up on my own blog that, by the time I've done all that, I'm not only cream crackered, but I just don't do it any longer. I think there came a moment when I realised I was blogging and hopping far more than I was crafting and therefore, I had to redress the balance - but me being me, it went too far the other way, never the happy balance... so, It's good to be here to see your blog again. Hope you are well, and nice to see you have posted something wonderful. I love what you did - and I couldn't agree more - long projects are the worse thing to try and take a picture of. You did a great job and the blue, being my favourite colour, so I'm biased, is perfect.

    Hope you are well...

    Paula x x x x

    ReplyDelete