shabby blogs design

Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Auntie" layout











This is the first layout I've done in at least a month, and I'm definitely feeling rusty... ugh! Nothing seemed to look right for the papers- I finally settled on these.. I used a sketch from http://www.pagemaps.com/ , this was one of the "Featured Favorite" sketches I post once a week in Scrapping with Friends on Cafemom. I used Stickles on the "Auntie" title (which was a rub-on) the buttons, and the stamped flourishes. In hindsight, maybe I should just gone around the outside of the letters instead of filling them in completely, but hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? I used my new flourish stamps (Martha Stewart acrylics). It was fun and frustrating at the same time trying to make the layout look "right", but not knowing if I really achieved what I was hoping for. I guess that's just a commom theme with me... never satisfied.. I definitely felt rusty working on a layout though, I've concentrated on so many other paper projects that you have to work your way back into it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment