shabby blogs design

Sunday, January 11, 2009

MOPS Auction...

This is an answer to Peata's question- what is a MOPS auction? I mentioned it briefly when I was talking about the altered cigar box with a mini album as a possible item for our MOPS auction. Peata, by the way, is the awesome gal whose site www.scrapbook-crazy.com is the one I'm constantly raving about! She absolutely rocks with mini albums!!!! MOPS is "Mothers of Pre-Schoolers" an international support group for women with pre-school age children. It is a great source of support and opportunity to make friendships with other moms who have young children in common. It is Christian based, but is not pushy about it. I have been involved in MOPS for about 4 years now, and this year I officially took over the position of Craft Coordinator. I have several ladies who are helping me this year with ideas and such. Anyhow, if you would like to learn more about MOPS, you can check out the site: www.MOPS.org . You can find out if there are any in your area, and/or ways to start one if there isn't. Oh, the auction.... Our MOPS group holds an auction every year to help offset the cost of running our group. Each year I've donated a few craft/scrapbooking items for the silent auction part of it. So the altered cigar box, if I finish it and get a mini album made for it I had considered donating to the auction. And thanks Peata, for having such an awesome mini album site! :)

1 comment: