shabby blogs design

Friday, February 17, 2012

God is our refuge




This is one of my latest creations using the Cricut vinyl as stencils- by painting the base color white, applying my vinyl lettering, then painting over it and removing the vinyl to reveal the white underneath. I almost feel like it's cheating! It's a very fun process- (if you're a craft nerd like me ;) ) I have a friend who is going through some health issues, and she has found great comfort and encouragement in this Scripture verse. I wanted to make something for her that would be an encouragement and comfort- enter the wall hanging. I don't think she's anticipating it being this size, but my 9" x 9" square signs didn't seem big enough. I had fun using a bigger piece of wood, and using it vertically for the sign. I took some liberties to capitalize the first letters of "Refuge, Strength, and Help"- I like how it makes them stand out. They really are the focus of the verse to me. I love creating something that focuses on the character of God. I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed creating it for her :)

1 comment: