shabby blogs design

Monday, March 12, 2012

He will cover you with his feathers wall art

Since I've tried this with the tongue and groove board, I decided to play around with a scrap I had, to see if I could pull it off for a sign for our MOPS auction (www.mops.org) Again, I must give credit to the original source of this- I used pretty much the same colors as her and the same configuration, it is her design- I just loved it! http://www.harbourbreezehome.com/2011/11/tongue-and-groove-signs/ Check out her new Etsy shop too, she is super talented and makes some darling signs :) Have I mentioned how much I love this color combination? I used the same technique again, with the Cricut vinyl letters- a combination of the Jasmine cartridge and the Plantin Schoolbook. For the blue lettering, when I painted the base color of the board, I strategically painted parts of it blue where I wanted blue lettering. Fun, fun, fun! :) Oh, a little side note- the bird is from the Storybook cartridge. I hope this does well at the auction- the more I look at it, the more I like it- even though I already have the tongue and groove board version of this in my entryway.


No comments:

Post a Comment