shabby blogs design

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love Notes Tin




I found this idea from a Creative Keepsakes magazine, I think... the original idea used a tin that had held scrapbooking flowers and was reusing it. I found our tins at Ikea- a set of three (in the knives section) with a big magnet on the back of each. The set of 3 cost $4.99, and these are really sturdy too! You can find tins similar to this, possibly cheaper through Oriental Trading Company and other resources, but I ran out of time to order, so I was fortunate to find them at Ikea. I measured around the tin to see how long to make the strip of paper to go on there. From that point, I just cut strips of different papers for the tins to glue around them. I used my Cuttlebug and a scalloped Nestabilities die to cut the "notes" and used varying stamps to stamp on them. I tied them with a pretty red ribbon to add another element to it. We made these for a recent MOPS craft. Since we're so limited in time, it's a challenge to find crafts that the ladies will want to do, but also have enough time to do. These little notes can be given to a spouse/loved one, child- in their backpack, lunchbag, etc.. however you want to use them. You certainly don't need to reserve them for Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment